Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Corrupted Memory Cards


So I finally bought myself a camcorder to record my son's life from when he's -2 months old until he's married. I started looking into an SD card so that I can save some pictures and video to it.

I soon remembered that my father-in-law and a friend both lost some great pics (including some from my wedding) because their cards were corrupted. All that to lead into some reading into how you can avoid corrupting your memory card.

For example, here are some of the main reasons memory cards become corrupted:
  • Taking one photo after another too rapidly. A camera can not complete writing one image before starting the next.
  • Using a memory card from one camera in a different camera. If you use a card from another camera, format it in the new camera first.

No comments: