Friday, September 23, 2005

My Sox!

The Cell
At the Game,
originally uploaded by kekil.
I was hoping my rare presence at the Cell would be an encouraging one, but no ... the Sox continued their slide today, losing against the Twins. The Indians have caught up from 15 games behind and are close on their tail. Maybe we should have another players' strike like in '94 when the season was cut short while they were on top.

I remember '93 and '94 when when I would listen to the Sox almost nightly on WMAQ 670. Joey Cora and Ozzie Guillen were ON the field, along with Carlton Fisk, Black Jack McDowell, Bobby Thigpen, Tim Raines, Robin Ventura and a 25 year old Frank Thomas (he's 37 now). Those were the days that kicked off my attachment to the Sox. I hope they pull through to give us some exciting playoffs this fall.

No comments: